Saturday, November 22, 2008

"Pink City" Jaipur

Jaipur Streets
What I like to call Dung Hill, well hey you have to give them credit for using the stuff right?

Yep this is one of the better ones sadly


Goa (Anjuna) Wednesday Market




Sunset in Goa (Anjuna)



Snake Charmer at Monkey Temple






Aww love these guys








Yes they look amazing from the front, but the back not so much.




I think it's called the Water Palace? (Jaipur)








One of many palaces in Jaipur


Well we are loving loving Jaipur and to all you worry warts everything has been safe and no bombs :) We went to monkey temple and I pretty much used my whole camera memory card in one day, it was so amazing and by far the best part of our trip so far. After staying the first day in a not so fun, grimy, eerie (Rebecca ghost inhabited) place we pound Krishna. No not the elephant god, just someone who thinks he is. He has been our personal tour guide since then and has shown us many wonderful things, however we do have to put up with quite a bit of talking and his enduring crush on Rebecca (love that it's not me).

Tomorrow we are going on a camel safari about a half an hour outside of Jaipur and we are very excited even though we have no idea what to expect (however I'm expecting we will have some pretty sore tooshies after the ride). Today we went shopping and things no longer fit in our backpacks, we're going to have to pick up some duffel bags to get everything home but it will be well worth it. I love everything here and for those of you that know me well, I love color and there are so many colors here. We've met some amazing people since we've been in Jaipur, everyone has been helpful and nice. It's like we are movie stars here, all the kids wave and smile then giggle when we wave back.


I am getting a little home sick as far as the clean air, American men, mellow driving, family and friends go (but hey I'm still not hating Rebecca and that's a bonus :). We are loving every minute of our trip and have so many pictures to post that I'm only doing a few for now and not being very selective about what I put up (don't have the energy to rotate the good ones before posting them). We should be able to check in again by Tuesday at the latest but most likely before.

6 comments:

  1. You did not say you are homesick for American Men! That is just craaazy. Maybe one in particular? :) You guys look just fine and Jaipur looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you guys are having a fabulous time in India! It looks amazing! Take care and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha ha you said "pound Krishna"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just glad to see any pics you take - you guys are my link to a country I'll probably never visit. Guess what? I found out I work with a girl who is from India and has been living in the US for less than a year. Do you have any questions for her that I can relay back to you? ha ha. Glad you guys are having a fab time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cool Rachel!! I'm glad you guys are safe and having fun. I cant wait for my present....oops, did I say present? I meant presents!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Rachel I like your pictures. hope your are making some old school slides. When you get back we will use the projector I got from from the Classic store.
    ***This is on behalf of the techmologically challenged Jimmy K. Too Lazy to register***

    ReplyDelete