Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sunrise, wonderful food and mace, yep mace


One of the cute little bicycle rickshaws, I just don't have the heart to have someone pull me in it.




Fruit lady, super fun to watch as everyone stopped her to check out her goods ;)

Even though we went to the same rooftop terrace their were new people out doing what they do.
This place is great and we are enjoying ourselves so much. We went to bed really early last night so we awoke just in time to walk to the beach and watch the sunrise, it was beautiful and everyone was doing sun salutations and jogging. Wow, very inspirational! I wanted to take every ones picture but of course I couldn't so I just watched in glee, the weather is perfect at that our. We wandered over to a little cafe on the beach and attempted to get breakfast but we were told that "Indian breakfast" isn't until 8 so we ordered drinks instead and I attempted to take photos by having Rebecca act as though she was posing for me as I took pictures of people behind her (super sneaky). We sat there for at least and hour and then ordered breakfast, it was great!
After breakfast we wandered around a bit and decided to check out some different hotels that possibly overlooked the beach. No one was willing to barter when it came to their rates so we decided to stay in our cute little house a block from the beach. We then attempted to look for some yoga but the main Yogi was out on vacation for ten days. We wandered around to a few more places and finally found one we plan on attending in the morning. I'm very excited and can't wait to blog about it after, I think it's going to be just Rebecca and me. After going back to the hotel for a little AC time we went back to a quaint little nook we found where I had taken my rooftop pictures the day before. We weren't hungry but it was a quieter (nothing here is quite, you hear horns 24/7) place to read and write in our journals in big over sized chairs. Luckily the bitter California woman wasn't there again, don't think I could have handled her today.
We went back to the room and found that they cleaned it for us even though we had asked them not too, the man just couldn't not tidy it up. I was then trying to take my mace I brought with me out of the hard plastic case to put in the soft leather one so as the lighten my load. We were lying in our ritualistic fashion on the bed under the fan when all of the sudden the mace went off! I thought I was being so careful with the safety on and all but nope, a puff of toxic pepper spray/mace was blown by the fan we had been admiring minutes before right into my face. Immediately my face was on fire. Rebecca yelled at me and started coughing up a lung as I ran to the bathroom to douse my face with water which didn't come close to helping. We opened the door and windows and I tried water again then lotion but nothing seemed to help. It was only a small puff but it took a good twenty minutes or so for us to recover. Well hey, at least I know it works just in case. :)
I think we may have had the best meal so far (well at least neck and neck with our first breakfast in Bangalore) today, it was called Panner Jalfrezi. It was cheese with vegetables in an amazing red spicy sauce. wow my mouth is watering just thinking about it and I only ate it about an hour ago. We haven't been able to find our favorite Bombay favorite here, Saag Panner which I guess if for the best because it forces us to try all these new dishes. We plan on spending one more day here in Pondicherry and then leave Thursday afternoon somewhere further south, not quite sure where yet but I'll keep you posted. :)




Our first cow/bull we've seen. They are worshipped as though they are gods but for some reason they don't get feed, hmm go figure.


















Not sure who the flowers are for but I thought it was fun to catch him in thought, right after I took the photo a wave came a little highter than usual and broke his meditation.






Rebecca enjoying the sunrise at the little cafe on the beach, great for people watching.







The morning sunrise over the beach of Pondicherry, Indian Ocean







4 comments:

  1. What an awesome adventure you're having. The pictures are fabulous! I'm envious :-) Shawna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot even express how jealous I am of you two right now. Your pictures are fabulous and I wish I could be there, to fill up my own picuture album of that amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you will explore, but try to catch-up on Mughal poety and Art and Royal palaces of the 14th-18th century.

    Kamran

    ReplyDelete
  4. how relaxing to actually have time to really explore the local hangouts. the funny thing about this blog is that there you are in India experiencing all these new adventures and the one adventure that really sticks with me is the mace catastrophe! I've always wondered how it would feel, but never had the nerve to test it out. Thanks, guys :)

    ReplyDelete