Sunday, September 6, 2009

Farmers Market


I went to the Farmers Market today (Saturday) and had a blast. I loved all the colors and the smells, all the random people, and the friendliness that seemed to float through the air. I didn't buy all that much but the experience was priceless :)





The booth above inspired me to try making some new styles of jewelry, I'll post pictures after I make some. Also crazy what people charge for things that cost a few dollars to make.



Cute little Russian man that sold me radishes. By the time I went back to take his picture all his produce was sold so it's a little barren but .....






I love this lady, she is adorable. Look at her cute leg warmers. She told me they came from a poncho she found at a San Francisco thrift store, she just cut the sleeves off and wears them over her pants. Genius


Too bad I'm not sticking around, this lady informed me all the knitters meet on Wednesday nights at the coffee house to teach, learn or just knit. Sounds like me kind of fun :)


Love em, put whatever you want in them or nothing at all. Who cares, great regardless.

4 comments:

  1. We should start going to all the farmer's markets.I love farmers markets too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay but I don't know who anonymous is, Holly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY! These pictures reminded me. Do you think it would be possible to pick me up an Alaskan Grown sweatshirt while you are there? I'm not sure where you get them, maybe the farmers market or IFA type store. I've been wanting one for years but didn't get one while I was up there. I think I would probably want the green or the blue. I can get you the size. Big favor I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the market and especially the little bowls!! It all looks so amazing but some of the pic's I don't know if they are bugs or plants. Maybe I am a city girl. :(

    ReplyDelete